Monday, March 2, 2009

Al-Rawsha to Andalus

I have been so lucky lately, bumping into long lost friends since the year started.. in fact, I had a small reunion with Luffy and Rozie on 1st Jan. 



So the four of us, including Al thought we should take it to the next level and invite the rest of the gang, and whomever we could get our handphones on for a bigger reunion.  At first we thought of the Ampang Lookout Point, but since most of us were never been there and the place being far off KL, Rozie suggested Al-Rawsha. I've never eaten there, but I heard the lamb was ferosh! But I'm sure, most of us would be too busy talking and making fun of each other to bother with the food!

Gathering started at around 5pm and Zasmani, Mastura, Faiz, his wife Mumtaz and daughter Batrisya were already there.  The place was not packed, but we expect so later in the evening since it was Saturday night..

Rozie, me and Saodah

Later, the rest turned up.  Almost everybody we called made it to the reunion - Md Noor, his wife Saodah and his 4 boys, Rozie, Luffy and hubby (sayang!), Koma, Fazli and girlfriend Nat, Zulfiquer with his wife Jannah and 2 kids.  Some of us have not seen each other for almost 16 years!!  We really had a good time reminiscing and keeping up with each others' news..


The food- too bad I was too excited berborak with them that I had no opportunity to sample the food, only managed to snap a few photos.. but later Zachwan said he saw that nasi baryani served on a dulang topped off with sekor unta!! maybe cos his small size, what he saw was actually a half portion of a lamb.. hee hee..  The baryani however did taste good, abit dry and lack of aroma.. maybe i'm being too cerewet cos I had a nicer one at Tarbush..  but I do WANT TO EAT a proper baryani meal at Rawsha pretty soon..

Mints - The mint tea was served non-stop, warm and exotic but I couldn't help feeling like somebody must've put a pinch of toothpaste in my tea.. errmmm... mints and i really dont get along well, cept for mouthfreshners and oh yes!! I do in fact, can make an exception.. thick mint sauce to compliment Tandoori Chicken at d'Tandoor! cicah dengan pappadom pon best!




This fish Koma ordered was actually quite good, it was Sea Bass with light marinade, eaten with some youghurty sauce and squeezed lemon.  I would have never thought that seafood dish prepared middle eastern way would taste nice, but it actually was.. fresh, aromatic but not overwhelmingly aromatic.


I think the waiters pun dah tak sabar nak tengok kitaorang balik cos we were there from 5pm - almost 10pm!  So lepas sesi bergambor and cuit mencuit lagi.. ada yang nak balik, and ada pulak yang nak continue lagi! Si Luffy la and Fazli, nak sambung borak kat Andalus pulak. Kesian jugak tengok my boys da penat, earlier tengahari tadi da pi rumah Auntie Kina for Farish's birthday, now nak stretch ke Andalus pulak.. but them being sporting boys, bagi approval kat kami nak minum sikit kat few blocks away..

from left; Zulfiquer, Fazli, Mastura, Luffy, Nat, me, Zachwan, Zafran, Zafree and Rozie.

from left; Md Noor's sons, Zulfiquer, Md Noor, zafran, Koma, Al, Zachwan, Fazli and Faiz.

Luffy, me, Zachwan and Rozie :)) forever maintaining our cute figures :P


















si Man Giant dengan seluar harimaunya.. camna la nak ada awek, tengok seluar pon da takut..! 












It's quieter and the decos were much better than Rawsha. But I don't think the food was the main reason why people would come here.. most of the guests I noticed, would watch the big screen, smoke shisha or just sits there trying to look cool.. We on the other hand, needn't bother cos we were cool and comfortable to be with each other's company..


No comments: